Process, Meeting Agenda, Timelines
Entreprenuers in Small Firms
in Large Firms
the plans and budget inputs
No plan goes very far if there is no money and when
folks do not understand what is going to happen. In a
series of routine, focused meetings the strategic planning
team needs to:
- update the PowerPoint presentation or overhead slides
which lay out the strategy
- develop a plan to communicate their strategy to the
- finalize and publish the plan, the action plans,
and any other information that needs to be shared — usually
in a read only shared-folder or on a website
- determine the review cycle and schedule the first
review of progress
- Incorporate the strategy into the budget inputs (the
final approval is always given through the budgeting
Key questions to discuss going into the budget
- Is the plan flexible enough?
- Are those responsible clearly identified?
- Can we get a success early, to build momentum?
the Best Options